Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello Forced Readers

If you are reading this, you already know me. I know this much as fact because as soon as I am done writing this, I am going to send this link to whoever I can think of and dangle our friendship over their head as motivation to read whatever it is I see fit to post on this blog.

I have wanted to write a blog for a long time now in order to share the ridiculousness of both my filterless mind, and my life in general, with the internet world. But since the life of an accounting graduate student/auditor-in-training keeps me so busy doing nothing, I just haven't been able to put my Twilight book down long enough to put finger to keyboard.

So what changed? Tim Gearty and Peter Olinto entered my life. Who are these exceptional persons, you ask? They are simultaneously the center of my universe and the bane of my existence. As the narrators of the Becker CPA exam preparation class lectures, these two gentlemen and the plethora of accounting terms and concepts they happily reintroduced into my aching brain every day have taken over my world. I think I hear most of my thoughts in their New England timbres these days than I do in my own voice. I am finally busy doing something meaningful: attempting to become a Certified Public Accountant. This is exactly why I am breaking ground my blog now, five days before taking the first part of the dreaded CPA exam: I have always lived for procrastination and the thrill of doing as little actual work as necessary until the very last minute, and the thought of writing a blog instead of making flashcards numbers 155-180 just did it for me.

So here it is: a compilation of stories, conversations, reflections, and randomness that really didn't need to be posted on the internet. I hope you all enjoy my life as much as I do.

On a related note: I recently facebook friended Tim Gearty, my Becker friend, and he accepted. Great success!


Over and out.



The rulers of my life. Compliments of Facebook and my budding friendship with Tim Gearty.

No comments:

Post a Comment